Once you have added an event occurrence to the calendar, you can manage the individual occurrences of each event. In this article, we will review the different options available to manage individual events and event series.
To view a group event occurrence, find it on your Calendar and click on it.
Or find the event on your Event List, and select it.
You will be able to see the current event settings including the number of clients that have registered, divided by paid and unpaid, the staff member assigned, and the unique event invitation link.
Manage Event Attendees
For each event occurrence, you can view how many people are already registered in the Guestlist section. They will be divided by payment status, and shown below, you can take payment for unpaid customers.
For each attendee, you can take the following actions by selecting the tri-dot to the far right of their name and choosing from the drop-down:
- This will allow you to send a request for payment to the client, charge the client's credit/debit card, or record a payment.
- This option will allow you to redeem credit from the client's package, marking this event as paid. This option will only appear for clients that have purchased a service package.
- This action unregisters the client from the event and removes them from the guest list. The client is sent a notification email with an ICS file that removes the event from their personal calendar.
Mark as 'No Show'
- Use this action when the client did not attend the event, so that the 'no show' can be tracked on their contact card booking history with your business.
Cancel payment request
- This will cancel the group event fee for the client, but keep them registered for the event.
Go to payment page
- This option will take you to a payment page where you can take payment, issue an invoice, cancel the payment, or apply a coupon.
Go to conversation
- This option will take you to the conversation tab for that contact.
Go to client page
- This option will take you to the contact card for that contact.
Edit a Group Event Occurrence
From the group event page, select Edit to make changes to the event.
If it is a repeat event, you can decide whether to edit only this event or all upcoming events in the series.
As with creating an event occurrence, you will be able to change the event date and time, location, fees, number of attendees, and mark the event as invitation only.
NOTE: Making changes to an event occurrence will send an email notification to the clients that are already registered.
Reassign an Event to a different Staff Member
Things come up and a staff member that hosts an event may change. Not worry, you can reassign an event or an event series to a different staff member if needed. Navigate to the event you'd like to reassign and select it. Under more info, you can view the staff member currently assigned. Select reassign to assign the event to a different staff member.
If it is a repeat event, you can decide whether to reassign only this event or all future events in the series.
Select the staff member to assign from the dropdown and include an optional message.
The note is internal and not visible to the registrants of the event. It will only appear in the inbox notification for the event assignment to the assigned staff member.
Canceling an Event
When canceling an event, you can select if you would like to cancel only a specific occurrence, or the whole series (which will remove all future occurrences for that event).
If you cancel an event, an automatic cancellation email will be sent to the clients that have registered. You have an option to type in a customized cancellation message that will be sent.
Can multiple staff members host an event?
At this time, only 1 staff member can be assigned to an event. Different staff members can host different event occurrences, but for each event, there can only be 1 staff member. (Kind of like Highlander.)
If I cancel an event, will it notify my clients?
Yes. A cancellation email will be sent to all registered clients for the event should the event be canceled.
Is the payment for the event due right away?
The system does not consider events set in the future as due. They fall into the not due yet category. On the day of the event, the payment is due. If the client registers for the event from your online scheduler or the invitation link, and the price for the event is required upfront, the client must submit payment to register for the event. If you (the business) register the client for an event with an upfront price, the notification to the client will include a pay button requesting payment for the event.