Credit card on file is a great feature that stores client credit card numbers securely within Thryv. This is beneficial for businesses that have a significant amount of returning clients. You only need to collect the credit card details from the client once and store them in the client card in Thryv. The next time you want to charge the client, the stored card can be used.
Benefits of using Card on File:
- Keeping a card on file makes payments from returning clients easier since you already have their credit card information. Given the credit card details, you can also offer partial payments and payment plans, which makes paying even more convenient and less intimidating.
- Charging clients becomes faster simply because you already have all the required information.
- Clients can use their stored credit cards to pay for all types of transactions through Thryv including online appointments and invoices. Currently, this feature does not work with Mobile QuickPay.
- Any sensitive card data is encrypted and stored on the payment processor's secure servers.
- When a client goes to make a payment, and they have credit cards saved on their account, they will see that they can pay using one of their credit cards on file, or choose to pay with another debit or credit card.
- After a client makes a payment, they receive an email with the payment details, at the bottom of the email it will now include a notification about the card on file. It will let the client know, "Your Visa 0000 is saved on file to be used to future payments."
Note: This feature does not currently include recurring payments. That functionality will be coming later this year. (2020)
Have more questions about this feature? Check out Card on File's FAQs!