Want to make it even easier for your customers to pay you? We'll show you how to take partial payments on your invoices, and set them up to accept partial payments from your clients. Use this guide to give your clients even more options for payments
- Setting up invoices to accept partial payments
- Taking partial payment on an invoice
- Request partial payment on an appointment
Setting Up Invoice to Accept Partial Payments
To change your settings for invoices, navigate to Settings>Payments
In Payments, click on Invoices & Estimates and scroll down to the section Invoice Terms & Conditions
In that section, check the box that says Enable Partial Payments for Invoices
You also can choose to set a minimum partial payment allowed, set as a percentage of the total invoice. This will prevent clients from making partial payments below that amount.
Taking Partial Payment on an Invoice
This section will assume that the invoice has already been sent. If you're looking for a guide to sending invoices Click Here.
First, navigate to the invoice you are taking a payment on.
Click on Take Payment
Click on the Payment Amount to edit. Replace the full amount of the invoice with the amount you are charging.
Once the payment amount is set, take payment as normal. Send the client a payment link, charge their credit/debit card, or record a cash/check payment. Thryv will charge or record the specified amount
The invoice will be updated to reflect the payment and the new balance due
Request Partial Payment on an Appointment
From the Calendar or Appointment view select the appointment that you would like to request payment for.
- Select Take Payment
- Select the option Sent payment link
- In the window that appears, change the amount to the partial amount you want to request
- Select how you would like to send your request, via SMS/text or email.
- For sending via SMS/text the contact's phone number will appear by default, but you can change it to a different phone number if needed.
- If you choose to send to an alternative number, you can check the box to update the client's phone number for SMS notification as well.
- Select Send
A note that the payment request link will appear with a timestamp
Looking for a guide on taking payments altogether? Click Here!