An invoice will flow through several different statuses within Thryv throughout the booking and invoicing process. The flow will change depending on how the invoice was originated. This article will explain the difference between invoice statuses and how they change status.
- A Draft is an invoice that is not yet ready to be sent. During creation the user selected save, instead of send. It can still be edited and won’t be sent to the client until it is approved and then issued.
- Not Yet Due is the status assigned to a booking that is scheduled for the future, and payment is not required upfront for the service. If the service requires advanced payment, the invoice will automatically be created as Due. These charges will not reflect on the client's Account Balance. (For a full guide to Client Account Balances, Click Here.
- An invoice that is Due is ready to be paid. These charges will reflect on a client's Account Balance. An invoice is considered Due by Thryv under the following circumstances:
- A service is booked that requires payment upfront
- A service is completed in the calendar that requires payment
- An invoice is issued independently of a service in the calendar
- An invoice becomes Overdue on the day after its scheduled due date or the day after the service takes place in the Calendar. These charges will reflect on a client's Account Balance. These invoices will be tagged as Overdue so that your clients can be made aware of this status.
- An invoice that is Paid has already been paid by the client and can not be edited. The payment can be viewed under Payments Received.
Note: For any reoccurring/repeating booking with a payment upfront- only the first upcoming session is Due, and Overdue after the booking date, while the rest (future) sessions are Not Yet Due. However, this only applies if the appointments are booked together as a series. If the appointments are booked individually, all scheduled appointments will show as Due.
A service is booked that requires payment upfront.
A service that doesn't require payment upfront.
An invoice is issued independently of a service in the calendar.