It's possible to add multiple individuals under a main point of contact, such as children under a parent or even pets under an owner. You can keep track of multiple individuals while communicating with their contact person.
- Create bookings, payment requests, notes, etc. for each individual associated with the contact.
- All business communications such as booking notifications, payment notifications, and reminders will be sent to the contact information on file.
With Thryv you can choose the CRM term that best fits your business, such as patients, students, or pets.
|Choose CRM Term||Add New Patient||Edit Patient Info|
|Set up Patient fields||View Bookings & Activity||Delete Patient|
*Note that the term patient is interchangeable if you chose a different CRM term. The functionality is the same for students and jobs.
Let’s Get Started!
Choose a CRM term for your account
Navigate to Settings > Business Info > Scroll to new section business terminology.
Select ‘Apply a new term for work items/individuals I manage under clients’
Choose from the following terms:
Choose the term that most closely relates to your business or you can keep the default, which is clients.
Whatever term you choose will replace ‘Clients’ in the left-hand navigation menu in Thryv.
If you feel your business is better described by one of the other business terms like 'Project', refer to this article for a more tailored solution.
To simplify, we will use Patient as the CRM term for the article. Just keep in mind that the term, patient, is interchangeable for also students, pets, or any other CRM term.
Set up Patient Fields
You can set up the information fields that you collect for each patient by adding patient fields.
Navigate to Settings > Paitent & Contact Info
*Patient may also be students, or pets (any other CRM term).
You will be brought to the screen below. From this screen, you can define the information that you collect for your contact (i.e. contact info) and the info that you collect for each patient (patient info).
Select Add Patient Field.
Add fields that relate to the individual or patient that you will be working with. So any information that you'd like to collect about the patient. To learn more about the different field types and how to customize them, check out this article.
The fields that you create here will appear when creating a new patient.
The contact information fields will appear on the right and the patient fields will appear on the left when creating a new patient record.
Add Patients to a Contact
When you are adding a brand new contact and patient, fill out both the contact details and the patient details:
- Open the Patients menu. At the top of the page, click New Patient. (keep in mind that your Clients section may be named something different depending on the work term you selected earlier).
Enter the client's contact information and the patient's details.
- Contact information contains the email address, phone number, and other contact details of the main point of contact for the children.
- The patient's information contains details about the actual individual that you will be working with.
*Note if the contact already exists, you can find the contact by email or phone number.
A new contact record is created. All the individuals associated with the contact are listed under the contact information pane:
To add another patient under the same contact, click the + button in the patient section to easily add a new one.
- Click New Patient in the patient list or under Quick Actions.
- Fill out the email address of the contact you would like to add the new patient under. In the previous example of Layne Willis, I would enter Layne's email address to add another patient under her. Select the desired contact from the dropdown.
- The contact details will auto-populate. Proceed by filling out the details of the new patient.
- A new patient is added in the patient section.
View Bookings and Activity
To see the conversation, bookings, payments and engagements for any single patient, click on that patient. The selected patient will have a checkmark next to their name and you will only be viewing their engagements. You can switch between the Notes, Bookings, Payments and Documents tabs to see specific engagements.
You can easily search for contacts and patients in your patient list - just search for the main contact or the name of the patient.
Edit Contact and Patient's Info
- Contact Information is found in the right-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon to edit it. Contact info remains the same for all clients under that contact.
- The patient's information is found in the left-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon in the left pane to edit it. Patient's info differs between the patients.
- Want to add fields to the patient's information section? No problem! Follow this link to find out how!
Select the relevant client and click on the Delete button found at the top of the page to delete the patient.