The Client Card
The system allows you to keep track of all your client's information and communication history in one place.
Your clients information is saved on a Client Card within your account. You can customize the client card, and decide what information you'd like to save about your clients.
Client Cards are created automatically with each new client that you add (or import) in the Clients tab of your Thryv.
You can also request clients to provide you with specific information when they contact you, and that information will also be saved on each individual client card.
You can update existing client information or add new information as needed, including private notes and tags, for future reference and quick recap.
To view your contacts, click the Clients menu on the left navigation pane. Search and find a specific client to view their client card.
Customize the Client Card
You can customize your Client Card to include specific fields and information that you would like to collect from your clients. To get started, navigate to Settings > Client Card & Forms.
The Email, First Name, and Last Name fields are set up in advance and are required by default.
You can add additional fields to support your specific needs.
Add a new field to the client card:
1. Select Add Client Field (the popup box below will appear)
2. Select the desired Field Type
- Field Type Options
- Single Line Text: Adds a single-line text field. Clients could type in free text.
- Unique ID: Adds a single-line text area meant to collect a client membership or ID number. Data inputted into this area must be unique; no two clients can submit the same value for this specific field.
- Drop down List: Adds a drop-down menu field, for the client to choose their answer from, predefined with your desired options.
- Date: Allows you to choose a date clients can use for unique days of note that could trigger an Automated Campaign.
- Phone Number: Adds a field to notate another phone number for that client. *Note – the ‘Phone’ field already set up in the client card is the field used to for SMS notifications, so any additional phone fields will not receive SMS notifications.
- Checkbox: Creates a checkbox field.
3. Field Name: Type the Name of the new client field (This will be displayed in the client card (internal) and the Client Portal forms (client-facing).
4. Select Add this field to your client intake forms: You have an option to add the new client field to your Client Portal forms so that your clients will complete the information when they first contact you.
- Check the box next to the forms that you would like to include this field from the drop down.
- Form Types:
- Leave Details Form – Field will be included when clients send you a message from the client portal or through the website widgets
- Scheduling Form - Field will be included when a client requests an appointment or service from you through your online client portal or website widgets
- Payment Form - Field will be included when a client submits a payment through the payment option on your online client portal or website widgets.
- No option selected - Your clients will not be able to see nor complete this field. It would be used for internal use only
5. Required Field checkbox: You have the option to make this a required field on your Intake form. The intake form will not submit unless this field is filled out.
6. Display on forms until filled out by client checkbox: This field will continue to populate on contact forms until the client fills it out, but it is not required to submit the form. It can be left blank.
Example of Add Client Field:
Once all the fields are added to the client card, you can customize the client field order by clicking to the left of the field icon, and dragging the field to the desired location. See example:
From this tab, you can preview the client fields associated to each of your intake forms from the Client Portal and Website Widgets. This allows you to request your clients to provide you with specific information when they contact you.
- Select the form you’d like to preview: Leave Details, Scheduling Form, Payment Form
- View and Add/Remove any fields you’d like to be included on the form.
- Preview intake form from the vantage of your clients
- Business Policy
- Message or policy that can be included on the intake form for your clients to view before they submit the form.
Internal view of the Intake Form:
Example of the Intake Form from the vantage of your clients:
Example of the Client Portal view for a returning customer:
Returning clients will NOT be required to provide Client Card information again.