It's possible to add multiple projects under a main point of contact, so you can keep track of multiple work items at one time.
- Create bookings, payment requests, notes, etc. for each project.
- All business communications such as booking notifications, payment notifications, and reminders will be sent to the contact information on file.
With Thryv you can choose the CRM term that best fits your business, such as jobs, cases, vehicles, or properties.
*Note that the term project is interchangeable if you chose a different CRM term. The functionality is the same for properties, cases, vehicles, opportunities, accounts, or jobs.
Let’s Get Started!
Choose a CRM term for your account
Navigate to Settings > Business Info > Scroll to new section business terminology.
Select ‘Apply a new term for work items/individuals I manage under clients’
Choose from the following terms:
Choose the term that most closely relates to your business. The default is clients.
Whatever term you choose will replace ‘Clients’ in the left-hand navigation menu in Thryv.
If you feel your business is better described by one of the other business terms related to individuals, i.e., patients, students, or pets, refer to this article for a more tailored solution.
Set up Project Fields
You can set up the information fields that you collect for each project by adding project fields.
Navigate to Settings > Project & Contact Info
*Project may also be cases, accounts, vehicles, properties, etc. (any other CRM term)
You will be brought to the screen below. From this screen, you can define the information that you collect for your contact (i.e. contact info) and the info that you collect for each project (project info).
Select Add Project Field.
Add fields that relate to the project. So any information that you'd like to collect about the project, job, case, or vehicle. To learn more about the different field types and how to customize them, check out this article.
The fields that you create here will appear when creating a new project.
The contact information fields will appear on the right and the project fields will appear on the left when creating a new project or job.
Add Projects to a Contact
When you are adding a brand new contact and project, fill out both the contact details and the project details:
- Open the Clients menu. At the top of the page, click New Client. (keep in mind that your Clients section may be named something different depending on the work term you selected earlier).
Enter the contact information and the project information.
- Contact information contains the email address, phone number, and other contact details of the main point of contact for the children.
- The project information contains details about the actual project that you will be working on.
A new contact record is created. All the projects associated with the contact are listed under the contact information pane:
To add another project under the same contact, click the + button in the projects section to easily add a new one.
- Click New Project in the Projects section or under Quick Actions.
- Fill out the email address of the contact you would like to add the new project under. In the previous example of Robert James, I entered Robert's email address to add another project under him. Select the desired contact from the dropdown.
- The contact details will auto-populate. Proceed by filling out the details of the new project.
- A new project is added in the projects section.
View Bookings and Activity
To see the conversation, bookings, payments and engagements for any single project, click on that project. The selected project will have a checkmark next to its name and you will only be viewing its engagements. You can switch between the Notes, Bookings, Payments, and Documents tabs to see specific engagements.
You can easily search for contacts and projects in your projects/clients list - just search for the main contact or the name of the project.
Edit Contact and Project Info
- Contact Information is found in the right-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon to edit it. Contact info remains the same for all projects under that contact.
- Project information is found in the left-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon in the left pane to edit it. Project info differs between the projects.
- Want to add fields to the patient's information section? No problem! Follow this link to find out how!
Add/Remove Staff from a Project
Delete Projects and Contacts
Select the relevant project and click on the Delete button found at the top of the page to delete the project.