Your calendar is more than just a grid of dates; it's a powerful tool for optimizing your daily routines! It's important that it is perfectly aligning with your preferences and needs. We'll show you what you need to know to make your calendar truly yours.
To get started, navigate to Settings>Availability & Calendar
This will open your Calendar Settings. Calendar settings is divided into four sections. You can cycle between them on the left-hand menu
This section affects the calendar view for your business. Note that changes made here will only affect you and your staff's view, and will not affect what your clients see in Online Booking. Use the drop-downs to change your calendar view:
- Start Week On - change the day of the week that will be in the first position (far left) on your calendar
- Time Format - choose between a 12 hour and 24 hour clock
Time Zone - select the time zone your appointments will display in
- Use the checkbox to determine if all of your staff and clients need time displayed in the time zone selected here. This is the best option when your business is local and only operates in one time zone
This section changes the availability for your staff account specifically. This will affect the hours you are available to accept appointments via online booking.
Use the time zone drop-down to select which time zone you would like your availability to be displayed in to your clients.
Use the + Add time slot to add a second set of available hours on the same day. This would be used if you close for a portion of the middle of the day. An example of this would be closing at mid-day for a lunch break.
Enter a start and end time for the additional block and then click on Add
Use Calendar Sync to sync your calendar to either your Google or Outlook calendar. Choose which calendar you want to sync, and click on Connect
For a full guide to syncing your Google calendar, Click Here
For a full guide to syncing your Outlook calendar, Click Here
Content Display changes how your calendar information is presented to you, visually.
Use the Slot Colors Menu to choose how your appointments are color coded. Your calendar can be:
- Always color coded by service/appointment type
- Always color coded by staff member
- Color coded by service/appointment type when viewing one staff calendar and color coded by staff member when viewing multiple staff calendars at the same time
Use the Slot Increments menu to chose how you want time period displayed on your calendar. Use the radio buttons to select a size for your time slots. The smaller you make your time slot, the larger appointments will appear on your calendar.
Here is an example of a calendar with one hour time slots, the highest setting:
And here is the same calendar, set to 15 minute time slots:
Now that you've got your calendar set up exactly the way you like it, are you ready to open up online booking? Click Here for a full guide to your online booking options!