Managing and optimizing your Google activities just got easier with the centralized Google My Business dashboard within your Thryv software! Set your business up for success by getting your business listing profile completed and published on Google! An additional bonus of the Google My Business dashboard is that the information that is saved on the Google My Business listing will automatically update across all of your listings.
Let's get started with your Google My Business (GMB) Listing!
Navigate to Online Presence, then Google My Business.
Set Business Profile
Are you ready to get your business set up on Google? Select complete profile to fill out all the information needed for your Google listing.
Once your profile is complete, you'll be able to
- View how your business appears on a Google Search & Google Maps
- Activate Reserve with Google
- Google Reserve allows people using Google search or maps to bookings, appointments, or reservations directly on the Google listing. Click here to find out more about Google Reserve.
- Use Google My Business Messenger - Coming Soon!
- Once you turn on the message feature, customers will be able to see a 'message' button on your Google listing and be able to message you at any time.
Edit Your Business Information
On the left-hand menu, you can set your business information.
- Add or edit your Google Listing Cover photo
- The cover photo is the first image a potential customer views when they land on your listing, and it's important to represent your business professionally. Here are some guidelines to assist you.
- Add or edit business logo
- It’s important to add a logo to your listing, as it’s a big part of your brand's identity, and keeping your brand consistent across the internet helps consumers recognize your company. Here are some guidelines to assist you.
- Add or edit business description
- Add a relevant and meaningful description to your listing. Tell customers about who you are, and the products and services you offer. Google sets a limit of 750 characters but will only display the first 250 characters.
- Add or edit business categories
- A category describes what your business is, not what it sells. You can select up to 10 categories. We recommend never using more than 5, as that may dilute the relevance of your listing.
- Add or edit business services
- Add services you offer and get discovered by customers.
- Set business attributes
- Let customers know more about your business by showing attributes on your Business Profile. These may appear publicly on Search, Maps, and other Google services.
- Confirm and edit business contact info
- i.e. street address, phone number, website, appointment link, etc.
- Add or edit services areas
- You can add up to 20 locations when defining your service area. You can set your service area based on the city, county, state, zip code, and country. If you serve an entire county, just enter the county name instead of trying to list out all of the zip codes.
- Edit and confirm business hours
- Add special hours
- Enter hours for days when this business has an irregular schedule, i.e. holidays or pre-planned days that the business will be closed.
Track Google Listing Performance
Get a glance of the last 60 days of the listing's performance. It will show the following stats:
- # direct searches for the business listing by business name
- # of times listed in map results
- # of click to calls
- # of people who found your listing by searching for a category, service, or product
- # all listings view
- # of directions request from listing
- # of times listed in results on search
- # of website visits from listing
Track Google Review Ratings
Stay up to date with our most recent reviews from your clients! Track your google rating and the number of reviews left by your clients. Select respond to reviews to be taken to the reputation tab. Use the share link to invite your clients to leave you a review on Google. Share a short link to invite customers to review you when characters are limited. Turn on an automated campaign to help drive more reviews for your listings.
Upload Business Photos & Start Google Posts
If you really want to compete with other businesses, it is essential to add high-quality, engaging photos and videos to your listing. Make sure you add clear images of the outside and inside of your building, your products and services, your employees, and your team at work. According to an internet study measuring over 45,000 Google My Business locations in 36 industries, the results were conclusive that adding images to your listing drastically improves performance.
Use posts to share news, upcoming events, special offers, and new products and services.
Click here to learn more about Optimizing your Google my Business listing with Thryv!