Many businesses over their services in a business-to-business model. If that is your business, the guide below illustrates the best way to set up your Thryv account so you can easily add the business's information along with the contact for the business's information. You'll be able to easily identify and seah for your business accounts and contacts with this easy configuration.
Let’s Get Started!
Choose a CRM term for your account
Navigate to Settings > Business Info > Scroll to new section business terminology.
Select ‘Apply a new term for work items/individuals I manage under clients’
Choose from the following terms:
Choose the term that most closely relates to your business or you can keep the default, which is clients.
Whatever term you choose will replace ‘Clients’ in the left-hand navigation menu in Thryv.
If you feel your business is better described by one of the other business terms like 'Project', refer to this article for a more tailored solution.
Add Accounts to a Contact
When you are adding a brand new contact and account, fill out both the contact details and the account details:
- Open the Accounts menu. At the top of the page, click New Account. (keep in mind that your Clients section may be named something different depending on the work term you selected earlier).
Enter the client's contact information and the account details.
- Contact information contains the email address, phone number, and other contact details of the main point of contact for the account.
- The account information contains details about the actual business that you will be working with.
- You can determine what fields appear in this by customizing your account fields.
- The account name is displayed in the account list and is also searchable
*Note if the contact already exists, you can find the contact by email or phone number.
A new contact record is created. The information for the contact is housed on the right menu. The information for the account is on the left menu.
If a contact is associated with multiple accounts, you can add additional accounts to the contact. To add another account under the same contact, click the + button in the accounts section to easily add a new one. To learn more about adding multiple sub-accounts to the contact, refer to this article.
How to add a new account every else in Thryv:
- Click New Account in the account list or under Quick Actions.
- Fill out the email address of the contact you would like to add the new account under. In the previous example of Jake Kemp, I would enter Jake's email address to add another account under him. Select the desired contact from the dropdown.
- The contact details will auto-populate. Proceed by filling out the details of the new account.
- A new account is added in the accounts section.
Set up Intake Forms with Account Information
For new clients that initiate contact with you, you can have them fill out the needed account info by assigning the account info to your Thryv Intake forms.
Go to settings > account & contact info > intake forms.
Add fields you'd like your contact to provide to you when submitting a contact form.
- Account Fields are fields about the business.
- Contact fields are fields about the contact person for the business
Search for an Account or Contact
Both the Account Name and Contact for the business is searchable using the filter feature in the Accounts tab.