Frequent asked Questions
- What is Card on File?
Businesses can save customers’ credit card information in Thryv for future purchases, safely and securely. (Next phase will allow the customer to add their own credit card to the system).
- Where does Card on File store the credit card information?
Sensitive card data is encrypted and stored on the payment processors secure servers.
- When will the customer be requested to save their credit card on file?
The customer will need to notify your business to save their credit card information for the next transaction.
- Can credit cards be bulk imported?
No. Importing of credit cards is not available.
- Can I store credit cards even if I’m not accepting payments or connected to a Payment Processor?
No. You must be connected to a Payment Processor inside Thryv in order to store credit cards into your vault.
- If I use Square or one of the other payment processors integrated with Thryv, will the sync of customer information include a credit card they previously used?
No. The credit card does not come over from other payment processor connections.
- Can multiple credit cards be saved on file?
Yes, multiple cards can be saved and associated to one customer, allowing the customer to choose which credit card to pay with per transaction.
- Is there a limit to the number of credit cards a customer can store?
No, multiple credit cards can be saved per customer in Thryv, but only one can be the default card. The default card will be the one that is automatically selected when the customer is making a payment. This will also show on the bottom of their payment email “Your card ending in 0000 is saved on file for future payments.”
- Can the customer use their stored credit card to pay for all types of transactions?
They can use stored credit cards to pay for online appointment bookings and invoices. Currently does not work with Mobile QuickPay.
- Does this include recurring payments?
Not at this time. Reoccurring payments will be added to Thryv later in the year.
- If I cancel Thryv, what happens to stored credit cards in my vault?
Just like every other platform, if you cancel your subscription with Thryv you will lose your stored credit cards.