Estimates and Invoices are their own separate entities. You may use estimates and invoices independently from one another. You can also use estimates without ever connecting a Braintree account! Let's take you through what it's like to create a new estimate:
- Navigate to Online Presence>Estimates from the left navigation
- Once on the dashboard click on New and select Estimates
- The next screen will have you select a client to create the estimate for.
- If the client is new, you can add them at this time as a New Client.
- At this point, you can start adding items to your estimate.
- The items can be existing services, or you can create new items to add to the estimate.
- You can also Edit the business address and info that you want on the Estimate.
- This is useful when you are running businesses from home and don't want to share your personal information.
- You can also modify the label of the Estimate (e.g., Quote) depending on how you refer to estimates.
- If you need to add discounts or taxes to a line item, you can click on the 3 dots, also called "tri-dots", on the right of the item and then Edit.
- In the following screen, you can add a discount % or $, and multiple taxes if applicable.
- Your estimate will now include any items, discounts, taxes and other configuration changes that you have applied.
For a video tutorial on how to Create a New Estimate, see below: