ThryvPay has been approved as an official payment processor for Apple’s new mobile Tap to Pay on iPhone and Android.
Note: Tap to Pay is only usable with the ThryvPay Mobile App. If you need help downloading the ThryvPay Mobile App, Click Here
Accept all tap NFC payments right from your mobile device, including both card to phone and phone to phone transactions with a simple tap on your mobile device! It’s easy, secure, and private.
Tap to Pay for iPhone and Android only works with credit and debit cards, or cards stored via Apple Pay or Google Pay that have the ‘Tap’ or NFC functionality.
Mobile only Tap to Pay does not allow for chip/ insert (EMV contactless) cards, or swipe (magnetic stripe) cards.
Each Tap to Pay transaction incurs the same low card present rate of 2.6% + $0.30.
Mobile Tap to Pay requires iPhone XS or later with iOS 16 or later. Requires Android 9 or later. The Contactless Symbol is a trademark owned by and used with permission of EMVCo, LLC.
Note: This process can only be completed on your mobile device, and must be completed for each device you intend to use with Tap to Pay, individually.
- Enable your mobile device to accept Tap to Pay
- Special Instructions for iPhone users
- Adding Staff to Tap to Pay
Enable your mobile device to accept Tap to Pay
Open the ThryvPay Mobile App on your mobile device. If you need help downloading the ThryvPay Mobile App, Click Here!
Navigate to Settings>Payment Settings>Enable Tap to Pay
Next, check the box agreeing to the terms and conditions, and tap Enable Now
On the next screen, more details will appear about Tap to Pay. Once again tap Enable Now and tap to pay will be enabled on this device. Keep in mind this process would need to be repeated for each device if you want to accept Tap to Pay on multiple devices.
You are also able to enable Tap to Pay while ordering your mobile card reader
If you are an Android user, the process is now complete. iPhone users will have to complete a few additional steps.
Special Instructions for iPhone Users
When Tap to Pay is set up on an iPhone, Apple will automatically create an Apple Business Account. This is a necessary step required to use Tap to Pay for iPhone. Some things to know about this account:
- This account will not automatically perform any function other than enabling Tap to Pay on your device.
- Any funds transferred will still flow through ThryvPay as normal. The money will not pass through your Apple Business Account in any way.
- If you choose to use your Apple Business Account for other purposes, you are able to do so, but it will not reflect in ThryvPay or have any effect on your ThryvPay account.
- If your staff enable Tap to Pay on their iPhones without accepting an invite from your Apple Business Account (we will cover how to do that below) it will set up an Apple Business Account for them specifically. If you don't plan to use your Apple Business Account for other purposes then there is no harm in them doing this.
- Any of your staff members who use iPhone must be part of an Apple Business Account. It can be either part of yours through an invite or they will automatically set up their own when they enable Tap to Pay
- If your staff members use Android you will not be able to see them in your Apple Business Account. This will not prevent them from using Tap to Pay on their Android device.
Tap to Pay will request access to your device location. Tap Allow While Using App
Once you have agreed you will be taken to the Apple ID registration screen
Click Continue with the Apple ID associated to your iPhone. You will be asked to sign in with your username and password
You can also enter a different Apple ID if desired. Once you successfully log in and verify your Apple ID your account will be linked.
Once your device has been registered Apple will create a new Business Registration Merchant account for your business
- Optional - Log into this account by going to https://register.apple.com, click on Tap to Pay and login with your Apple ID and password
- Here you will see your Merchant details
- You do not need to do anything further
Adding Staff to Apple Business Account
If you have staff that will be using an iPhone to accept mobile Tap to Pay payments you can follow these next steps to connect your staff phone registrations to your business account
Note: The only purpose served by this step is to add your staff members to your Apple Business Account. This will not enable Tap to Pay on your staff's devices, they will still need to complete the setup above. If it is not important to you for your staff to appear on your Apple Business Account, this step can be safely skipped.
Log into your merchant account by going to https://register.apple.com, click on Tap to Pay and login with your Apple ID and password. Then, click on + Add Contact under Team Members
This will open the invitation screen, please enter in your staff member name. email, phone number and title.
You can either use the staff members Apple ID or their work email
This step ensures that any devices that are connected to Tap to Pay are registered to your business account. If you do not complete this step first, your staff members will create their own Apple business accounts. If they do so, this will not affect the flow of your ThryvPay funds, they will still deposit to your bank account as normal, no matter which staff member has collected them.
Once your staff member receives the invite, all that they need to do is click on the link in the email, then they will need to agree to the terms and conditions and validate their Apple ID as shown above