Creating loyalty with clients is an essential part of getting clients to return for your services. Sometimes, just a simple reminder that its time for their next service can make all the difference. Creating an automated follow-up message to remind your clients that it is time for their next appointment is so easy to create and execute in Thryv!
How to get started
Add a date field as a field in the client card.
- Navigate to settings > client & contact info.
- Select add client field.
- Select date for field tape.
- Enter a name for the field. (Example: Last appointment date).
- Select Add.
Create a new automatic campaign to connect with clients around a specific date.
- Navigate to Marketing > Automated Campaigns.
- Select add automated campaign.
- Select create your own.
- Choose connect with clients around a specific date.
- Select the new date field that you created.
- Edit the content in the email to let the client know that 'x' amount of time has passed and they are due for another appointment. Make the message fun and friendly while also showing the value they get from the service.
Configure the campaign settings
- Select the pencil icon next to trigger and timing settings.
- Select the 3rd delivery date option.
- Configure (in days) how far out from their most recent appointment date the client needs to be reminded to schedule another appointment.
- Example: Dogs should be groomed every 8 weeks. So the campaign is set to remind the client 8 weeks (or 56 days) after their appointment to schedule the service again.
- Set the dropdown field to 'days after' the client special day.
- Choose the delivery time. (It will send based on your time zone.)
- The campaign will default to send to all clients with a known special date. In other words, any contact that has this field populated, this campaign will send 56 days after that date.
Advanced tip: If you segment your clients by using tags, you can filter recipients of this campaign to only go to clients that have the last appointment date and are tagged as grooming clients. To learn more about organizing your clients by tags, click here.
- Select the pencil icon to choose the delivery method for the campaign.
- Select Email or Text Message (SMS) to customize the email subject or text message.
- The subject of the campaign will default as the message.
- For text, you can customize the message and use up to 160 characters.
- For email, you can customize the message and use up to 70 characters.
- Select OK once you have finished customizing your message.
That completes the setup. Your campaign is now ready to trigger.
How to trigger for the campaign
- Select a date for the date field that you created. That is it! Your campaign will be sent out in the time frame you set in the campaign settings.
Advanced tip: If you set up the campaign to send to a segment of your clients by using tags, make sure the client is also tagged with the correct tag on the main tab in their client card. To learn more about organizing your clients by tags, click here.
A good workflow to adopt with your clients would be to update their client card at the end of their appointment with you. Just select the info tab, and add the current date to the new date field you created. The campaign will be triggered in the time frame you set in the campaign settings.
So for our example, when a date is selected for the last appointment field, the campaign will be triggered to that client 8 weeks later, when it is time for them to schedule another appointment.
The campaign trigger can be triggered multiple times to make sure your client returns to you for their next appointment. We recommend that you refresh the campaign periodically by updating the wording and pictures.