Thryv full service enhanced accessibility add-on includes certification, legal protection, and peace of mind. We partner with AudioEye, an industry leader, to maintain national ADA standards for your website with the specific accessibility features required.
While there isn’t a national ADA standard for websites, there have been numerous lawsuits over the past several years as individuals with disabilities have not been able to experience the equal access to website content that they deserve under the ADA. State-by-state laws are being passed, such as in California, that requires specific accessibility features to be available on every website. These laws can also affect you even if your business is not located in California, but you service someone that lives in California. In 2019, over 2,200 lawsuits were filed in federal courts regarding accessibility issues regarding websites.
Benefits of the full-service add-on
- Ensures your site stays up-to-date with compliance, identifying the code change after every website publish within 24 hours to start an action plan on how to update the change.
- Includes Indemnification Protection backed by $1000 liability credit and AudioEye trusted certification on your site.
- Regular releases to improve access and usability to your site.
- Commitment statement added to your site.
- Includes Toolkit widget on your website, making it easier to read by visitors
Thryv Accessibility Toolkit*
The toolkit allows website visitors to click on a widget that will help make the site easier to read by increasing text size, changing font, changing colors, adding reading guides and more.
The toolkit provides several accessibility features:
- Big Curser Tool - magnifies the curser for that user to be able to see it better
- Reading Guide - provide a line across the page to allow easier reading
- Emphasize - highlights the line from reading guide to allow easier reading
- Contrast - changes the colors on the website to the user's preference to allow easier reading
- Keyboard focus - allows the user to use their keyboard to navigate the website using the tab or directional keys.
- Highlighting Heading, Links, Buttons, and All of the above - Allow the user to highlight important elements on the website to be able to read more easily
- Text Size - Allow the user to increase the size of the font on the website to make it easier to read.
- Text Spacing - Allows the user to increase the spacing of the text to make it easier to ready
- Change font - Allows the user to change the font on the website so they can choose one that is easier for them to read.
- Disable Animations - Flashing animation can be distressing to some users. This feature allows the user to disable any moving animations on your website. It only disables the animation for their viewing.
- Display alternative text - Alternative text is how images are labeled on a website. This tool presents the text in a bigger more readable format.
- Player - This feature will read the content on the website to the user.
For more information about Thryv's Enhanced Accessibility, visit our FAQs about Enhanced Accessibility article.
* Thryv toolkit will be added to all Thryv sites starting May 4th 2020