If you are one of the lucky small business that is able to stay open during this pandemic and restrictions of your state or city, we wanted to give you a few tips to make sure you are keeping your business as safe as possible. We are so happy you're able to stay open or complete your services to clients and just want to make sure you have all the information available to keep working and being safe.
Here are some tips to keep your business safe:
- Communicate to all your clients that you are still open and what precautions you are taking to make them feel comfortable keeping their appointment with you.
- Advise your clients if they are sick or do not feel good to not come in for their appointment or to let you know if you are going to them for a service.
- If a client is sick or does not feel comfortable keeping their appointment with you and your business, encourage them to reschedule not cancel.
- Make sure you are following all the guidelines for keeping yourself safe and clean when going out on a job to perform a service for a client.
- Come up with ideas to work with clients and be flexible. Think about ideas that you can still service your client without rescheduling if possible. Think about a delivery, or pick up options for your clients.
The CDC encourages these strategies for businesses and employees:
- Actively encourage sick employees to go home - If you have an office or store, make sure that you and your employees are healthy before coming into work. If they feel even a little bad please make sure they stay home.
- Separate sick employees - If an employee shows up at work with symptoms, or develops symptoms throughout the day, make sure you separate them from the rest of the people and send them home immediately.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene - Provide these new guidelines to your employees so they know to practice cough and sneeze etiquette and hand hygiene at work. Provide tissues, soap, hand sanitizers, in places for easy access.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning - Make sure you are frequently cleaning all touched surfaces for your clients and employees.
- Advise employees before traveling - Keep track of employees and if they are traveling on their off time. The CDC has the latest guidance and recommendations for each country. Advise them to reconsider traveling or at least if they do have to travel make sure they keep track of symptoms and may have to stay at home before returning to work for the safety of others.
- Additional Measures in Response to Currently Occurring Sporadic Importance of the COVID-19 - Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home should notify their workplace and refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct business.
Please use the CDC website for any up to date information on how to stay clean and safe for your business. There is so much information out there and we want to make sure you are getting the accurate guidelines. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html)