Thryv provides a few different options for payment processing, including Braintree, Stripe and Square. You have the power to choose which payment gateway you would like to utilize to process your payments in Thryv, and we want to help you understand how to create a new account if one is needed!
In the below article, we will outline the steps you'll have to take in order to complete the setup of a brand new Square account.
From your Thryv, you need to start by going to Settings>Payments>Connect to Square:
You will be prompted with the following window. Click sign up:
A pop-up will appear and you'll need to complete the following information:
- Enter your email
- Validate your email a second time
- Create a password
- Select your country
- Agree to Square's Terms of Service
Square will now ask about your business. You will need to supply the following information:
- What type of business is it? You will need to select from a drop-down menu. Choose the closest category you can.
- Business Category. You will also need to select from a drop-down menu and need to choose the best category you can.
- What is your business name?
- EIN (Employer Identification Number) - This is optional and only for reporting purposes.
- Estimated annual revenue. You will select from a drop-down menu.
- How do you plan to use Square? This is optional.
- Does your business have any employees?
Square will now ask for details about you; your home address, phone number & more. Provide your information in all of the fields and select continue.
Choose how you would like to get paid by Square, and select continue:
You'll be asked for your bank account information next. Your information is secure with us, and this is how you will be paid:
Once complete, choose continue.
The next step is optional. With Thryv, you do not need Square hardware to process a payment. However, we want you to know that either of the below choices are an option if you choose to purchase hardware.
You can either choose skip for now or choose a hardware system and select continue.
Once complete, you will be redirected back to Thryv, and if your Square connection was successful, you will see disconnect under the Square logo.
For information on accepting payments using Thryv, see this article.