See where you stand against your competition with Competitor Watch in Thryv! You can now analyze your competitors' online reputation at the local level, without any time-consuming manual research. You can quickly and easily identify areas for opportunity in your local market, see any reputation trends across similar brands or businesses, and discover ways in which you can set your business apart from the competition!
Setup Competitor Watch
From Reputation>Competitor Watch, click on Get Started to find competitors for your location:
Locate competitors you'd like to keep your eye on by typing in keywords or categories, your city and zip code and clicking the magnifying glass button.
Choose your competitors from the selections on the right panel by checking the box next to the business. You can click on Load More to search for more businesses.
Once you've made your selections, you'll see the businesses you want to watch appear in the area just above the search bars and map:
Click on Save to save the competitors to your watch list. The system will prompt you that they're being saved. Try not to refresh your screen until this is complete.
Once everything has been saved by Thryv, your screen will show your new Competitor Watch Dashboard! (Note: It may take up to 24-48 hours for data to load on your dashboard.)
This section includes the following:
- Up to four competitors
- Name of competitor
- Average Review Score Rating
- Number of Reviews
- Average Review Response Time
It compares your information above to that of your chosen competitors for a selected period of time.
Share of Voice
This section will house a pie chart which is filled in, based on whatever keyword you have selected.
- On the left-side will be a list of the top 5 used keywords for that particular location.
- Hovering over a particular % on the graph shows the number of mentions of the keyword, along with the number of positive, negative and neutral mentions.
What do the percentages mean?
The percentage metrics will represent either your location, or your competitors locations' use of a particular keyword. Thryv takes all mentions of that keyword, then divides that by the sum of your and your competitors' mentions.
Competitor Data by Reputation Network
In the Network Breakdown, you'll see all of your competitors ratings and number of reviews per reputation network. The rating value is the average rating of the number of reviews that are displayed in the row. Please note: Networks shown here will match whatever networks you have connected to the platform.
Breakdown by Rating
In this section, you'll see a stacked bar chart, used to see how your overall star ratings compare with your competitors. Each color will represent a particular competitor, and you can hover over each colored bar to see a more detailed breakdown of the percentage of reviews received per star rating.
Response Time vs. Competitors
This graph shows how quickly you are responding to your customers reviews compared to your competitors. (Note: X Axis = Date, Y Axis = Length of Time)
Reviews Over Time vs. Competitors
This graph shows you how many reviews you have received over time compared to your competitors. (Note: X Axis = Date, Y Axis = Number of Reviews)
Competitor Watch Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you gather results?
- We integrate Google Maps which looks for businesses in the area depending on your search.
- If you're a brick & mortar location, Thryv will default to businesses near you.
- We scrape all the review networks, as long as their terms of service will allow. (Facebook, ApartmentGuide, Apartments.com, Hotpads and Rent.com currently do not.)
- Why aren't the competitors I've chosen showing up in Thryv?
- Our "crawlers" run three times per day, at 12pm, 4pm & 8pm CST, but sometimes results can take some extra time to load. We appreciate your patience, but should you feel concerned, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that Yelp is only crawled once per day.
- Can I choose more than four competitors?
- Thryv currently allows only up to four total competitors, but it's possible to edit your list of competition at any time.
- When my competitors are linked, how far back will I see review information?
- Thryv will gather information on your competitors as far back as when the account was created. We don't have any limits on how much information we can pull!
- How does Thryv find competitors?
- We use Google Places API to locate your nearby competitors.