541 million people are using X (formerly Twitter) every single day, sending over 500 million posts daily, according to recent statistics. (Source) When you joined X, you became a part of the 65% of other B2C businesses that are marketing there. With so many tweets, we want to help you optimize your experience on this busy platform, doing the most to stay in touch with your customers online.
Make sure you check out our article on connecting social platforms in Business Center, so you can easily maneuver using X.
Once you're connected, you can schedule your posts using our content repository of over 500,000 pieces of content, or create your own. Our High-Thryv Recommendation is to create a posting plan, which you can read about here.
So, what cool things should you be doing as a business owner on X?
Update Your Bio
Your bio on X is very important in attracting users to your profile. It's the first thing that potential followers will check to learn about who you are, and what you do. You can even insert relevant hashtags for your industry, which serves as a link where people are able to find you. In our example above, you'll see we used #howyouthryv - you may use something like #plumbing, #landscaping or #salons in your own bio.
Pin a Post
Pin a post to the top of your profile page. It should be a popular and engaging piece of content or even a link to your website or a fantastic photo. You can pin a tweet by first creating the tweet, going to your profile page, clicking on the tri-dots of the tweet you'd like to pin, and selecting "Pin to your Profile":
Cross Promote Your X Account
Places you should be sharing your X Account to gain more followers:
- Your Website
- Your Facebook Business Page
- Your Instagram
- Your Email List
- PPC Campaigns
Use Our Tools
All Business Center users have access to connecting your Twitter account (along with four other profiles) to your software, but we provide you with additional tools that can really help you to optimize your profile.
Other Key Tips
- Follow all users who mention you
- Post famous & inspirational quotes (you can schedule these for months at a time using your Business Center software!)
- Test out promoted Posts - for more on this see X Marketing
- Engage with your audience - don't leave a potential customer hanging. Remember, social users, are ready-to-buy!
- Ask relevant questions and run polls
- Remember to @mention other users
- Post trending events and breaking news in your industry. Keep in mind that you should be sharing something notable 80% of the time, and only selling 20% of the time on any social media network.
- Use visuals such as video or high-quality images.
Are you ready to chat about how you're using Twitter to connect with your potential customers? Join the conversation in our Community!