Welcome to Payments in Thryv!
To start collecting payments, you should begin with the following settings:
Navigate to Settings>Payments and set your Merchant Account:
Our current merchants are Braintree or Stripe. Follow this article to connect your Braintree account or follow this article to connect Stripe. If you don’t have a Braintree or Stripe account, you can create one right from your Thryv!
Make sure the Online Payments payment option is checked so your clients will be able to pay online.
- Add a direct payment action on your Client Portal widget. Click here to learn more.
You can also create a payment button that will be set with a specific amount and paid for a specific service. Click here for detailed instructions.
- Collect payments in advanced for scheduled services or appointments.
- Or go to Payments menu and send an invoice to your clients.
Funds we collect on your behalf will be immediately transferred to your Braintree/Stripe account or bank account.
Sales & Payments FAQ
Sales & Payments
Does my customer have to opt-in to receive text or email estimates?
No, these are considered transactional messages and therefore do not require an opt-in.
Can I link my existing Braintree/Stripe account to Thryv?
Yes, if you already have one of these merchant accounts, simply use your current credentials when following the prompts to connect your account in the Sales section of Thryv.
Do I have to set up a merchant account in order to use the Sales feature in Thryv?
Without a merchant account, you are still able to use all other functionalities within the Sales feature and acknowledge other forms of payments like cash/check. You simply would not be able to run credit card payments.
What is the contact information for Braintree?
For Braintree questions, please call 877.434.2894
For Braintree account creation/general questions, please call 800.514.4920
For Braintree Business Support (If you already have an account), please call 888.221.1161
What is the contact information for Stripe?
You can contact Stripe Support either via our 24/7 Thryv Support, or directly by going to https://support.stripe.com/contact. Please note you will need to be logged into your Stripe account to use the contact features on the Stripe website.
What are the transactional rates when using credit card processing through payments?
Regardless if you are connected with Braintree/PayPal or Stripe, standard Rates apply whether through the Thryv app or manually entered. They are 2.9% + .30 cents per transaction, with rates as low as 2.2% if qualified.
Is there a tax calculator available to help determine my tax by city/state?
Thryv does not have a built-in tax calculator. You will need to include any taxes or fees when sending your invoices or processing payments.
Can Quickbooks or other software be integrated with Thryv?
Yes! Thryv has many different integrations, made possible by Zapier. Check out this article to learn more.
What should I put in my Terms & Conditions on my invoices?
This is language that should be determined by the business owner only. However, we have provided some general content that may be helpful for you when building your own terms and conditions.
When an estimate or invoice is sent to my customer, can it be updated?
No. Once an estimate or invoice is sent, it cannot be changed. A new one will need to be created or clones from an existing estimate or invoice.
What is the format in which an estimate or invoice is sent?
It is sent via a live HTML link, but can easily be downloaded as a PDF.
Can an estimate or invoice be sent to multiple emails or customers?
Not at this time, however a customer can choose to forward the link/message to an additional recipient.
Not at all! All of the funds collected from credit card transactions are deposited directly into the bank account of your choosing.
Will there be a delay or hold on funds from payments being submitted to the credit card companies for processing?
No, funds will not be placed on hold or delayed. Once the transaction is processed and sent to credit card companies, timeframes vary based on credit card type. Visa, MasterCard & Discover take up to 2-3 days. American Express can take anywhere from 3-5 days.
Will Thryv appear on my customer's credit card statements from Braintree/PayPal or Stripe?
No, your business name and logo (if uploaded) will appear on all statements.
How secure are payments that are processed using Thryv?
Thryv Sales is fully integrated with our merchant accounts. They are in full control of all payment processing, security and fraud protection. This includes full PCI compliance and Secure Payment Processing.
Do I need to have a corporation or business license to open a merchant account?
No, however, you will be asked specific questions like your business name, category and type of business, income, etc..
Are there any restrictions with connecting a payment account with either Braintree/PayPal or Stripe?
Yes, please see these merchant account restrictions by going direction to their website for more details:
Why should I connect a Stripe account?
If you already use Stripe as your payment method for your business, connecting your account using Thryv ensures that all of your payments are tracked in one convenient location.
If I have already connected a payment gateway (Braintree), do I need to connect Stripe?
Once you have chosen your payment option, you do not need to change it.
What are the fees for Stripe?
You would pay your standard Stripe fees of 2.9% per successful card charge.
Does Thryv charge an additional fee to my credit card payments?
No, Thryv does not charge any transaction fees. You would only pay the fees for Stripe.
Is my business allowed to create a Stripe account if I don’t have one?
There are some business verticals that will not be able to create a Stripe account, based on Stripe’s policies. They are:
- Investment & credit services (Securities brokers; mortgage consulting or debt reduction services; credit counseling or repair; investment services; real estate opportunities; etc.)
- Money and legal services (Financial institutions, money transmitters and money services businesses; etc.)
- Virtual currency or stored value
- Intellectual property or proprietary rights infringement
- Counterfeit or unauthorized goods (Sales, distribution, or access to counterfeit music, movies, software, or other licensed materials)
- Gambling (contests; fantasy sports; etc.)
- Regulated or illegal products or services (Cannabis dispensaries and related businesses; sale of tobacco, e-cigarettes, and e-liquid; online pharmacies; prescription-only products)
- Adult content and services
- Get rich quick schemes
- Mug shot publication or pay-to-remove sites
- No-value-added services (Sale or resale of a service without added benefit to the buyer)
- Aggregation (Engaging in any form of licensed or unlicensed aggregation of funds owed to third parties; etc.)
- Drug paraphernalia (Any equipment designed for making or using drugs, such as bongs, vaporizers and hookahs)
- High-risk businesses (Bankruptcy lawyers; remote technical support; psychic services; essay mills; chain letters; door-to-door sales; medical benefit packages; etc.)
- Multi-level marketing
- Pseudo pharmaceuticals
- Social media activity
- Substances designed to mimic illegal drugs
- Video game or virtual world credits (Sale of in-game currency unless the merchant is the operator of the virtual world)
What if I need assistance with my Stripe account?
You can contact Stripe Support either via our 24/7 Thryv Support, or directly by going to support.stripe.com/contact. Please note you will need to be logged into your Stripe account to use the contact features on the Stripe website.