You've got employees, we have the space for them inside Thryv! Adding staff members has never been easier.
For each staff member, they can customize:
- Profile - including name and photo
- Appointments (services)
- Schedule - availability and calendar sync
- Notifications - email signature and SMS notifications
- Roles and Permissions
To access the staff settings page navigate to Settings>Staff>Edit each staff member. Note: To get to the "edit" screen, hover over the staff member you want to edit, and click on the pencil icon to the right of their role.
On the My Profile settings page, you can set the staff member's Email, Name and Profile Image.
You can also set a specific color for your staff so you can easily distinguish each staff appointments when you view it on your account calendar.
Note: To get to the "My Profile" setting and the settings explained below, hover over the Staff Member you wish to edit and click on the tri-dots on the far right when they appear. Then select "Staff Settings".
When you create the different services on your account, you can also decide which of your staff members will be providing them.
You can also create this connection from within each staff setting page.
Merely check the services you wish the specific staff member to provide.
For each service or appointment, you can set different contact information specific to the staff member.
For example, if you offer phone consultation, each team member can have his/her phone number on file.
For each team member, you can set a different time zone, and Business Hours, so each could manage their own availability to meet with clients at their best convenience.
Each staff member can sync their own calendar to their account. So any busy time on the calendar (Google, Outlook, iCloud, etc.) will be excluded from their availability on their online scheduler and clients won't be able to select it.
Each staff member will have a calendar on their account which will display all the upcoming appointments scheduled by clients online. They can also use the calendar to invite clients to meet, schedule appointments with clients, or just to block specific times that are busy. Click here to learn more about calendar and calendar sync.
Each team member can set their own email signature which will be included in all the system emails sent to the clients they correspond with.
Staff can also receive text notifications to his/her mobile phone for every new contact or scheduling request, so they can quickly reply or follow up with the clients.
To learn more about SMS notifications to your mobile phone click here.
For each staff member, you can set specific roles and permissions which determine what information they can view and edit on the account.
- Admin - Gets access to all the main account information, settings and billing. This role permits to see and make changes to any client or activity on the account, including switch to a different staff member (“work as”).
- Manager - A manager would have all administrator access except changing the subscription plan of the account and accessing staff settings.
- Marketer - This role is intended for staff members that require limited client specific access. With this role the staff member will be able to:
Access settings, campaigns, view all clients and perform bulk client operations. Cannot access payments and can view only their own conversations, appointment, payments and documents.
- Collaborator - May view and edit all clients and activities, and may use the “work as” option which allows them to see and edit activities of all users. Cannot access account setting, online presence, and campaigns. This role also allows the staff to switch to a different staff member's view.
- User - Cannot access account setting, online presence, and campaigns. Can view only conversations, appointments, payments, and documents that are assigned to them. May see and edit clients but cannot perform bulk client operations or delete a client. Cannot refund a payment.
Send a Welcome Email Inviting Staff Members
You no longer have to set a password for each staff account! You can send a Welcome Email, inviting your staff member to set their own password.
From the Settings>Staff section, choose "Add Staff":
Input your Staff Member's information and select the services they will provide to your customers. To send the email invitation with password instructions, leave the toggle to the right set to green. To set your own password for the staff account, click on the toggle (it will turn gray), and the staff member will have to set their own password once they first attempt to login.
Our High-Thryv recommendation is to send your staff members the special email invitation with instructions.
You can also resend this email at any time by clicking on the tri-dots to the right of the staff members name under Staff Settings, then "Resend activation email".