In some countries, you are required to ask your clients for their consent before you can send them announcements or promotions.
One easy way to get clients consent is to ask them to provide it when they contact your business through the system - when sending you a message or scheduling an appointment.
This article will review how you can add an 'opt-in' field to your Client Portal forms, and how to send announcements only to clients that have opted in.
Add an 'opt-in' field to the Client Card
When adding a field to the client card, you can also make it part of the Client Portal forms. Clients will be required to complete the form before submitting their request.
- Navigate to Settings>Client Card.
- From the Add Field section select an Opt-In for Campaigns field and click on Add.
- The default field label will say I'd like to receive promotions and special offers, but you can customize it to your language.
- Mark this field as a Required field, and also check all the options under Request from clients online.
*Contact form - clients view
Create mailing(recipients) group
To send announcements to clients, you should first filter and tag the clients you want to address.
- From the left navigation pane select Clients.
- Under Filter Clients on the left, check the opt-in box.
- Now you will see all the clients that have opted-in to your announcements.
- On the left, the list of clients will be updated according to your filtering rule.
- Click Select>All and then click on Add Tags.
- Click on the Add Tag field and type in your tag for example OptIn.
- You can filter clients based on other parameters and add other tags as needed.
Send a Campaign to the mailing(recipient) list
After you've set the mailing list by adding related tags, you can go ahead and send your campaign.
- From the left navigation pane select Announcements.
- Create a new campaign or click to Send on a saved announcement.
- Select the campaign type and complete the campaign configuration. Click Continue.
- In the Search client by name, email or tag field type in the 'OptIn' tag and any other related tags.
- Click on Select All or click only on specific clients to which you want to send the campaign to.
- Click Continue>Send
Still have questions about sending Announcements to Opt-In Clients? Join the conversation in our Community!